Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Photo Wednesday: Books and Characters

I'm headed out to the 2012 Girlfriend Weekend with the Pulpwood Queens book club this week. Check out the full list of authors attending this event here. Among the highlights of this event will be New York Times Best-Selling author John Berendt, author of Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil. He will be talking about his new book, My Baby Blue Jays. I can't wait! Last week, I previewed the Jane Austen book purse I'm donating to the Girlfriend Weekend silent auction that raises money for literacy. Isn't it ironic that this purse can actually hold the entire works of Ms. Austen?


It was Book Character day at my girls' school last week. My girl dressed up as Fox in Socks, which I adore! This fox has been her favorite character for a LONG time and I'm so proud of her for choosing something vastly different from her schoolmates. (There were at least 2 dozen Hermione's in the school hallways. There was only one fox.)


Just as an aside, I'm now going to call my Wordless Wednesday posts Photo Wednesday because, who am I kidding, I've never been wordless.

3 comments:

  1. These are nice photos -- I love that Fox in Socks!! Very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I like Photo Wednesday - sometimes it's hard not to comment, isn't it? LOL

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!